SQL stmts in SGA

From: Chakravarthy KM Nalamotu <kittu_at_Hawaii.Edu>
Date: 1996/12/26

Hi Oracle Users,
I posted this question a few days ago and did not get much useful input.
I am trying it out again.

SQL statements in SGA can be viewed using V$SQLAREA view. The field SQL_TEXT in this view gives the SQL statement stored in the SGA.
Now...SQL_TEXT is a VARCHAR2(1000) field. What happens if there is a SQL statement that is longer than 1000 characters. Let's say 5000 characters. Does the SGA hold only the first 1000 chars? Which I believe it doesn't. Then how would I view this 5000 character SQL stmt that is in the SGA.
Please advise.
Thank you for your replies.
  Kittu. Received on Thu Dec 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CST