NT 4.0 - SPX fails to connect

From: Kevin J Barnes <kbarnes_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/12/26

I have 7.3.2 WGS on NT 4.0

I have installed NWlink for SPX on net 000001

I have Protocol=SPX in the listener.ora file

When the listener starts up I can see in the log that SPX is bound to 000001.

I cannot connect to the database either on the server or from 95/NT 4.0 WS. I am frame 802.2 on both machines.

I can connect fine with TCP.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Also-- I was unable to find the network manager to edit the listener.ora file. I had to add the SPX by hand. Easycfg only edits the tnsnames.ora file. Any insight here?

TIA, Kevin Received on Thu Dec 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CST