Re: Oracle Database Migrating between platforms

From: Ian Stevenson <stevenson_at_logica.com>
Date: 1996/12/24

If you can connect the two machines togther so that they can communicate accross
sqlnet then you could use a series of INSERT into <table> SELECT * from <table>@<remote_system>. You will need very large rollback segments on the target system unless you are using 7.3 in which case there is an UNRECOVERABLE option that will avoid creating rollback entries. You would have to be sure that you load parents before children to keep your referential integrity intact. You will have to manually recreate all other database objects such as stored procedures etc. since these are owned by system. You will have to re-create any sequences and be sure to set them to the next number for the given primary key! Ian Stevenson

Richard Woods <rawoods_at_concentric.net> wrote in article <32C0168E.3C86_at_concentric.net>...