Re: Running Batch Jobs in Oracle

From: Reid Lai <reidlai_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1996/12/22

Jeremy Wong <jewong_at_po.pacific.net.sg> wrote in article <01bbee7c$57771d00$934c78cb_at_jewong>...
> I'm trying to get Oracle to automatically load data from ASCII files
 daily
> and I know SQL Loader will be able to do the loading part. My problem is
> with making this process automatic. I hear that there is a package
 called
> DBMS_JOB that I can use. I'm not familiar with how to use this. Can
> anyone help me?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremy

Jeremy,

If you are using Oracle 7.3 or later, you can schedule your package or procedure at a specified moment. However, your package or stored procedure must embed functions of UTL_FILE to handle file I/O. If you are using Oracle 7.0, 7.1, or 7.2, the only way to use SQL*Loader and crontab under UNIX platform (or WINAT command under NT platform).

Reid Lai Received on Sun Dec 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CST