Re: Some beginner DBA questions (quota, pfile, insert, password)

From: Stephan Witt <witt_at_beusen.de>
Date: 1996/12/22

N.Prabhakar writes:

> Simon Goland <sg_at_mda.ca> writes: > Hi,

snip

> > 4. Some users have created junk in tablespaces they were not supposed
> > to. SO I set their default tablespace to TEMP. I would also like to
> > restrict them in SYSTEM tablespace, maybe by setting a quota. How? Would
> > it work? Any other suggestions?
> >

> Issue the following command for each of the tablespaces for which you need to
> revoke access.
>
> alter user <username> quota 0 on system

If you set up your users with

grant connect, resource to username

you implicitly grant the unlimited quota on every tablespace privilege. You have to revoke the resource privilege, nothing else will work. Read your manual and use the ALTER USER syntax.

Stephan

<stephan.witt_at_beusen.de>  | "beusen" Software+Systeme GmbH
fon: +49 30 549932-62     | Landsberger Allee 392
fax: +49 30 549932-21     | 12861 Berlin