Re: SetItemProperty in Forms 4.5/ Developer 2000

From: Miles Thomas <see_sig_for__at_dress.com>
Date: 1996/12/20

In article <32B1E29A.BC0_at_netforce.com>,

   Subbu Turimella <subbu_at_netforce.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to create a text item in a form and dynamically assign the
>high and low ranges to item in the when_new_item_instance trigger.
>I could not figure out the property I should use. When I use RANGE_LOW/
>RANGE_HIGH it compiles fine but give a run time error.
>
>Anybody tried this before?
>
>Subbu.

Reading the fine manual (Properties section) , it says that some things, such as RANGE values, cannot be set at run time.

However, you can set range to a global forms variable, or a control block field, and then alter the value of the global etc to achieve the desired effect.

Hope that helps,
Miles

Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd
thomasm_at_logica.com
The above are personal opinions, and are not necessarily the opinions of my employer. Received on Fri Dec 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CST