Re: Q: Running Pro*C Program During Reboot

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/19

You must have a script that starts up your database already (perhaps you are using dbstart?). If so, put the $ORACLE_HOME/bin/odaemon < /dev/null >& /dev/null & at the bottom of that script. Perhaps you odaemon is getting started before the database is fully up and is failing on the connect. this way, if you always start your database via that script, you daemon will be started...

On Thu, 19 Dec 1996 09:38:08 +0800, Mariah Abdul Rahim <mariah_at_ms.mimos.my> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm running Oracle 7.3 on Solaris 2.5. I've managed to make system call
>from Oracle by running the Pro*C daemon.pc program contained in Oracle
>Application Developer's Guide. My problem is everytime my server is down,
>the daemon dies and need to be startup manually. How do I set it up so
>that it will startup on reboot, just like dbstart does? BTW, I've changed
>the program name to odaemon and all reference for daemon to odaemon. I've
>created a script for reboot but it doesn't work either. My script looks
>like this:
>
> echo -n "Oracle Daemon..."
> /bin/su oracle -c "cd /oracle; \
> $ORACLE_HOME/bin/odaemon < /dev/null >& /dev/null &"
> echo "started"
>
>Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
>
>mariah_at_ms.mimos.my

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Dec 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST