Q: Running Pro*C Program During Reboot

From: Mariah Abdul Rahim <mariah_at_ms.mimos.my>
Date: 1996/12/19

Hello,

I'm running Oracle 7.3 on Solaris 2.5. I've managed to make system call from Oracle by running the Pro*C daemon.pc program contained in Oracle Application Developer's Guide. My problem is everytime my server is down, the daemon dies and need to be startup manually. How do I set it up so that it will startup on reboot, just like dbstart does? BTW, I've changed the program name to odaemon and all reference for daemon to odaemon. I've created a script for reboot but it doesn't work either. My script looks like this:

   echo -n "Oracle Daemon..."
   /bin/su oracle -c "cd /oracle; \

           $ORACLE_HOME/bin/odaemon < /dev/null >& /dev/null &"    echo "started"

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

mariah_at_ms.mimos.my Received on Thu Dec 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST