Please Help!!!

From: steffin_at_Ë.com <(steffin_at_Ë.com)>
Date: 1996/12/19

Recently I wrote a letter from my heart regarding my foster mother Wendy Mcghee. She
had no knowledge of this letter unitl she started receiving lovely cards. But then
came some nasty letters. She is asking me to repost her letter here.

"Thank you for the wonderful cards! I have returned the gifts that I could to
the senders.
Other gifts without return addresses were given to the Salvation Army. I am sure however that
there is a child in your area who may go without a Christmas. I am asking therefore thank
you take your gift and good will and make that local child a little happier at Christmas

Sincerely,
Wendy McGhee "

I would also like to add something.

                                         This was not a scam!

And for those of you who wrote those nasty letters, "Shame on you!!!" This was simply
something I wanted to do to make the lady that cared for me and others so much to know
that she is loved for what she has done. No one had to send money or gifts or even a card.
This was a request that IF you felt like doing so show some kindness. Kind words would have
been ENOUGH. She didn't do anything to deserve some of the letters that were sent.

As she wrote to me she is returning the gifts and donating the one that are unreturnable.

And for those of you reading this for the first time, it would be great if you could simply
sent a postcard or letter to her for her birthday the 27th of December. Tell thanks for
the kindness she's shown others and tell her I said I love her.

The letter I previously posted:

"Thanks for taking the time to read this message! This is about a lady that gave
all she could
to everyone, including me. Her name is Wendy. When I was young she became my foster mother
after my real mother had abandon me. Never having any kids of her own she became a foster
parent. That I got to be in her care was probably the best thing that had ever happened to me.
She had other foster children and even ended up taking care of many of the neighborhood kids.

Wendy is a lady that just never gave up and always gave more than anyone could imagine. I no
longer think of my real mother as mother but rather Wendy as my only true mother. I know that
I'm not the only one that thinks that way either. It wasn't just kids that she helped it
included the elderly, the disabled and the just down and out. What it takes to qualify for a
saint is something I never found out, but I know it can't be more than the things I saw this
lady do for anybody. Even people that had wronged her could find themselves looking up at her
while she helped them when they were down.

I'm 26 now and many of the things I'm telling you I never really realized until now. Since I
was a kid she has helped me with everything from recovering from my mistakes to just being
there to say "You can do it... It'll be okay." I've never been able to make a good attempt
at trying to repay her for all she's done for me and I'm not alone. Many people just have
taken for granted the things she's done for them.

I know by now you're asking yourself why I've posted this letter. Well, to be honest and
straight with you it's because I would like your help. If there's one thing that I've learned
from Wendy it's that, "We are our neighbors keepers." You know the golden rule,
"Do onto

others as you would have them do onto you." Anyway now Wendy is an older lady that is disabled
and can't do as much as she used to. With the disability sometimes expenses can be too much.
 I now live in Arkansas and can't be of much help. With no real family I'd like to do
something to try to repay all she done for me and many others.

That's were you come in. See if you can think back to someone that helped you no matter how
big or small. Maybe it's someone you can't even remember or have lost touch with. For that
moment picture Wendy and say, "I'd like to repay that kindness." I wish you would sit down
and write a small note saying "Thanks for being the generous person that you have been!" If
you could include something to help out. Maybe it's a five dollar bill, a book of stamps,
even a dollar. Oh and would you also tell her the Steffin sends his love. Her birthday is
this month on the 27th and I'm hoping I can make this own a very memorable one.

        Thanks for reading and if you choose to help God pless you. Her address is

Wendy Mcghee
9636 Elm
Taylor, Mi 48180" Received on Thu Dec 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST