Help ! Messy SQL*Net V2 on SCO Unix !

From: David Ng <david_ng_at_mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: 1996/12/19

My client is running two databases in the same SCO Unix box. They have no problem in switching databases by changing ORACLE_SID by '. oraenv', they just can not make the SQL*Net V2 works.

There are two databases namely prd & trn. The problem is that whatever service name you use, users still connect to 'trn' database but never to the other database. My first reaction is to suspect the /etc/tnsnames.ora file does not set up correctly, however, I double check the tnsnames file and the file does have the service name correctly mapping to the corresponding database. When the lsnrctl start up, everything seems fine (both databases are started).

The tnsnames is like this

trn.world

(HOST = echc)

(SID = trn )
... prd.world ....
(HOST = echc)
(SID = prd )
... sqlplus system/manager_at_trn.world --- connect to trn database sqlplus system/manager_at_prd.world --- connect to trn database

I try the pipe and it works !

	sqlplus system/manager_at_p:trn    --- connect to trn database
        sqlplus system/manager_at_p:prd    --- connect to prd database

That is really bugging me a lot and do have a clue at all. I did install a number of oracle site and never encounter such a problem. ( my client site is not installed by me).

Anyone encounter similiar problem or would like to comment on this. Please do

Thank in advance. Received on Thu Dec 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CST