Re: Q: Forms 3.0 & Oracle 7 Server 7.3

From: Klaus Eichler <klaus.eichler_at_nbg.scn.de>
Date: 1996/12/19

Sylvie Bérubé wrote:

> rogercr wrote:
> >
> > We have a client who is upgrading their server to 7.3, and they want to
> > use their existing Forms 3.0 application. Are there any problems or
> > issues that we should be aware of with this configuration?
> >
> > Thanks
> Oracle 7.3 Server will only accept SQL*Net 2.X while Forms 3.0 will only
> work with SQL*Net 1.X. So I think the setup will not work at all. We
> have the same problem. If anyone knows how to make 7.3 work with
> SQL*Net 1.X please tell us how.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Sylvie Bérubé
> sberube_at_aircanada.ca

I don't know how to make 7.3 work with SQL*Net 1.X, but we have Forms 3.0 operating on SQL*Net V2. (RDBMS 7.1.6)

So far I see no problem,
but I have no experience with SQL*Forms 3.0 on RDBMS 7.3.

--
Klaus Eichler           mailto:klaus.eichler_at_nbg.scn.de
Siemens AG, AUT 652     http://www.aut.siemens.de