Re: Oracle on ULTRASPARC

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/17

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996 23:18:23 GMT, jmallen_at_netcom.com (John Allen) wrote:

>Does anyone have any experience with Oracle on a Sun ultrasparc?
>Can the Sparc20 programs run on it or do I need a new Oracle release
>specifically for the ultrasparc?
>

>-- John Allen

On the SPARC 20, are you running Sun OS or Solaris? If you're running Solaris, you most likely won't encounter problems with your programs. I've moved Pro*C programs from one platform to the other without even rebuilding, and everything worked fine.

Oracle 7.1.6, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 7.3.2.1, and 7.3.2.2 are certified on Sun Solaris 2.5 and 2.51.

Make sure you're sitting when you run your programs for the first time on the UltraSPARC.....you won't believe the dramatic performance increase.

Joel

Joel R. Kallman            See Oracle technology in action!
Oracle Government          http://govt.us.oracle.com
Bethesda, MD
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CST