Re: SetItemProperty in Forms 4.5/ Developer 2000

From: Peter H. Larsen <petlars_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/12/17

Subbu Turimella <subbu_at_netforce.com> wrote in article <32B59E66.3FF3_at_netforce.com>...
> > > I am trying to create a text item in a form and dynamically assign
 the
> > > high and low ranges to item in the when_new_item_instance trigger.
> > > I could not figure out the property I should use. When I use
 RANGE_LOW/
> > > RANGE_HIGH it compiles fine but give a run time error.
> > Try using a field-reference in the property instead of a constant.
> This is how my when_new_item_instance trigger looks like:
> is that what you mean by field-reference in the property instead of a
> constant?

Nope. Lookes like default-value, when a default-value is taken from an item. In your property-sheep, write
in the RANGE-HIGH and RANGE-LOW properties:

  :block.field

where the above is the field containing the values for high and low values.

But, my guess is, that a dynamic changeable range-value is best implemented via the WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger.

--
// Complete Data Service
// Peter H. Larsen