Re: Problems creating Jobs in Enterprise Manager on NT

From: Bryan Grenn <kp40.v922034_at_kodako.kodak.com>
Date: 1996/12/17

>I'm trying to evaluate Oracle Enterprise Manager's possibilities to
>automate tasks using the new Job-scheduling facilities.
>
>The problem is that I can't create any jobs, because I don't get any
>Available Destinations to select from in the Create Job-General-dialog.
>
>I think I've done everything they say in the manual.
>
>My config:
>
>1. A local 7.3.3 database on Intel-NT 3.51.
>
>2. Oracle Enterprise Manager 1.2.2
>
>3. The repository is installed.
>
>4. I have altered snmp.ora, tnsnames.ora and topology.ora as the manual
> (and a document from Oracle support) says.
>
>5. I've runned the CATSNMP.SQL
>
>6. The Agent-service has been started
>
>7. Created a NT-user with 'log on as batch jobs'-privilege.
>
>And still I can't create a Job for any destination type.
>
>Oracle Support Sweden has not been able to help me in a week.
>
>Is there anybody else out there who has been able to Create a Job in
>Oracle Enterprise Manager, and if so, have any tips for me?
>
>Thanks and Merry Christmas in advance!
>
>Göran Korsgren
>
>goran_at_champion.se

I know exactly how you feel. I've tried off and on for the past week to do the same thing. No luck. If anyone has gotten the Intelligent agent working can you post here your

  1. Tnsnames.ora
  2. listener.ora
  3. snmp.ora
  4. topoloty.ora

I think that's it. The local support staff know nothing about installing it.

They are looking into it however.......

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!