Re: Q: How to display the Oracle on-line documentation viewer on a PC X-Terminal?

From: Manuela Juergens <manuela.juergens_at_Fernuni-Hagen.DE>
Date: 1996/12/16

Charles Chen (htchen_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Hi. I have installed the Oracle on-line documentation viewer that came
: with Oracle 7.3.2.x on a Sun SPARC 10 running Solaris 2.5.1. The viewer
: executable file, $ORACLE_HOME/orainst/oradocm, works fine on the SPARC
: 10. However, I have no success so far in trying to invoke oradocm in a
: X-Window session on a Micron P133 Intel PC running Hummingbird Exceed 5
: and Windows NT 3.51. On the PC with Exceed set to single-window mode, I
: could establish a x-window session with the SPARC 10 using
: /usr/openwin/bin/xterm. Then within the session window, I would invoke
: the OpenLook window manager by typing, /usr/openwin/bin/olwm &, at the
: command line. But, when oradocm was invoked, I was told that wrong
: window system and or term type is used. I have tried to set ORACLE_TERM
: to xsun5 (x-term shell) instead of sun5 (command tool).

I had e x a c t l y the same problem. The solution: I changed the settings for my Monitor from "high colours" to "256 colours". After that everything worked fine.

Manuela

Manuela Juergens 			| Email:
FernUniversitaet - Gesamthochschule  	| manuela.juergens_at_fernuni-hagen.de
Rechenzentrum 				| PGP-Fingerprint:
Abteilung Wissenschaftliche Anwendung	| 2C 44 4D BE 65 4D 9D 94 A6 BE 80 5C 09 BE 0E 29
58084 Hagen