Re: help needed - oracle web server authentication

From: Wayne Stewart <wayne.stewart_at_mci.com>
Date: 1996/12/16

Uri Nissani wrote:

> ...as a user requests the
> file, a browser windows is opened in order to allow the user to type
> user name annd password.
>
> My question is :
> how can u access those paramaters, and re-use in either pl/sql
> procedures or javascript ???

Well, the username can be used again. Here is a short example from my code: It sets a varchar2 variable to the value of the 'remote_user' cgi environment variable.

> current_web_user := owa_util.get_cgi_env('remote_user');

Note that the 'remote_user' variable exists only for as long as the user is logged into a protected page or package. It will not exist when users access unprotected areas.

Unfortunately, there is no 'remote_password' cgi_environment variable.

Good luck!

--
Wayne Stewart
MCI - Campbell Creek