Q: how to properly start up and shut down Oracle?

From: Charles Chen <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/12/15

Hi. I just finished installing Oracle 7.3.2.1.0 on Solaris 2.5.1 on a Sparc10. It is currently up and running since I can go into SQL*Plus and query the default EMP table. However, I would like to know how to properly shut down Oracle both manually and by some automatic method. In addition, I was wondering how to automatically start up Oracle when the Sparc10 is rebooted. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
Henry Received on Sun Dec 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CST