multi-threaded server fails

From: Asko Tiidumaa <askot_at_math.ut.ee>
Date: 1996/12/15

I've got Oracle 7.3.2.2 on a Sun Sparc Solaris 2.5, and I'm trying to get the multi-threaded server to work. Everything seems to be OK, it works, but the multi-threading does not. My alert logfile gives only

could not connect to listener address:
(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=UTORACLE.world)) dispatcher 'D000' encountered error connecting to listener 0

such kind of errors, and the tracefile from dispatcher says

network address used is (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=UTORACLE.world)) network error encountered connecting to listener: TNS-12564: TNS:connection refused

I've traced the communication between listener and dispatcher, but nothing...

Has enyone encountered something like this?

wbr,
Asko Tiidumaa Received on Sun Dec 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CST