Re: Replication through e-mail

From: Mike Irene <mirene_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/12/14

Anup Jalan wrote:

> Hi!
>
> A Sybase sales-rep has been talking to me about Sybase's new offering:
> Database Replication via e-mail!! Is this for sure, or is the guy taking me
> for a ride?
>
> More important, can I do this with Oracle??
>
> Any answers?
>
> Anup.

The company I work for, SalesKit Software, has done database synchronization via e-mail (MAPI, VIM) for several years with our SyncWare product. Unlike Sybase, SyncWare is database independent (via ODBC), allows complex group access/data distribution rules, conflict resolution, and dynamic/static data realignments. Currently we run on MS SQL Server, but will tweak for Oracle/NT soon. Typically, SyncWare is sold as part of a comprehensive Sales Force Automation solution to Fortune 1000 companies. Check out the website at http://www.saleskit.com Received on Sat Dec 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CST