Re: Can SQLNET ver 2.x & SQLNET ver 1.x coexist on the same machine?

From: Tomas Gardson <tomas.gardson_at_mbox200.swipnet.se>
Date: 1996/12/14

Yes it should work. I have been using a NT-Server with Oracel 7.1x. I have installed Sql Net 2.x and 1.x on the server. Using Widows 95 on the client machine I can login alternating sqlnet 1.x or 2.x. I'm not shure about the magic behind scenery that makes this possible. I can tell you what I know maybee this can give you some help to start with. I have two paths In my machine, C:\orawin\bin; c:\orawin95\bin both must exist in the Path= in autoexec.bat. The required RFS-files must be installed.
When i want to login with sql net 1.x I use the syntax: p:A-Server:ORCL and to use the 2.x I use the syntax oracle.world. I have used the easy sql-net utility to set up my alias to oracle, Servername: A-Server, Network protocol: Named Pipes, Sid: ORCL.

Good luck!

Tomas

Narendra Gowda <Narendra_Gowda_at_xn.xerox.com> wrote in article <58meq5$de7_at_news.cp10.es.xerox.com>...
> Can SQLNET ver 2.x & SQLNET ver 1.x coexist on the same machine?
>
> I have a secenerio where there is a need to against Oracle6 & Sqlnet
 Ver1.X
> to get to some data. We have Oracle7.3.X and SQLNet Ver2.X on our
 P.C's..

> I managed to get SQLnet Ver 1.X and i can get to Oracle6. Then i cannot
 get to the

> data on Oracle7.3.X unless i rename the Orawin dir so it would use
> SQL Net ver2.x and change back & forth to go against Oracle6.
> This is an ugly method & i don't want 100 + of our customers doing this.
 If any one