Security

From: Gordon Cartwright <tabors_at_dircon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/12/14

One of our new systems will have the same users accessing the databases via two products: A bespoke application written in VB and an 'end-user' tool which is capable of table definition, updates etc.

My problem is to destinguish the two access paths for security purposes. Updating via the VB app is fine, but totally unacceptable via other products.

I could give the VB application a specific userid/password that the users don't know, but the development team also have to be prevented from prod update access. Again read-only is fine.

Any suggestions? Received on Sat Dec 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CST