Help!! Insert taking a very long time??

From: Z. Martinez <zlm101_at_psu.edu>
Date: 1996/12/13

I'm having a bit of a problem in an INSERT command in SQL*PLUS. The SQL command goes something like this:

INSERT INTO accounts (account_id)
VALUES ('W11111'); This INSERT hangs or takes a very long time, so I hit <CTRL>-C to stop it and get control back.

What I cannot understand is that

INSERT INTO accounts (account_id)
VALUES ('W11112'); works just fine!!!

Does anybody have a clue on why this is happening? Can anybody suggest a way of debugging this problem?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Please forward reply to zlm101_at_psu.edu Received on Fri Dec 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CST