Is It Too Late to Set Character Set?

From: Gene Hubert <ghubert_at_acpub.duke.edu>
Date: 1996/12/13

I have created an Oracle 7.3 instance and db under Windows NT. I have run catalog.sql, catproc.sql, set up rollback segments and tablespaces and one user. I have not set up any user tables.

My question: Is it too late to set the character set as follows...?

  update props$ set VALUE$ = 'WE8ISO8859P1'    where NAME = 'NLS_CHARACTERSET';

I know I should have done it as soon as the database was created but would prefer not to do it over again.

Thanks,

gene hubert Received on Fri Dec 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CST