Re: SQLNET Connection Problem via Internet

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/12/13

This is most likely due to a firewall somewhere along the path not permitting you to pass SQL*Net. Many firewall vendors provide (or are developing) an application proxy for SQL*Net in their products.

If you don't think this is the case, then verify:

On 12 Dec 1996 05:07:41 GMT, "Greg Guerrero" <guerrero_at_connectnet.com> wrote:

>I am trying to establish a SQLNET connection to a remote database via an
>internet connection. In the tnsnames.ora file, I have changed the host
>name to the database's ip address. When I try to connect via SQL-Plus, I
>get the following error: "12203:unable to connect to destination"
>
>I am using Windows 95 and dial-up networking to establish my ISP
>connection.
>
>Any clues?
>
>Thanks,
>Greg Guerrero
>guerrero_at_connectnet.com
>gregg_at_medimpact.com

Joel R. Kallman            See Oracle technology in action!
Oracle Government          http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman_at_us.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri Dec 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CST