Re: Latest Oracle Workgroup server on Novell

From: Jeff Masteller <jmast_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/12/13

WANG SHIANG HUEY wrote:

> Does anyone know when Oracle is going to ship Workgroup server
> 7.3 on Novell? Or it has been on the market ? Any information
> will be helpful. I heard new version won't support SQL*Net 1.1
> Does that mean I will lost DOS client connection?
>
> --
> Shiang-Huey Wang
> Leather Center, Inc.
> sherry_at_leathercenter.com
> wshiang_at_a.cs.okstate.edu

I have the 7.3 enterprise edition and all of the tools are for win95 or NT and are 32 bit.
So I am assuming win 3.11 dll's will not work. This is complicated by the fact that 7.3 is the terminal version. We have planned to move all platforms to windows before the terminal date next year (August I think).

Yes it looks like we will all loose our DOS clients

If you should find out different plase let me know !! Received on Fri Dec 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CST