Can SQLNET ver 2.x & SQLNET ver 1.x coexist on the same machine?

From: Narendra Gowda <Narendra_Gowda_at_xn.xerox.com>
Date: 1996/12/11

Can SQLNET ver 2.x & SQLNET ver 1.x coexist on the same machine?

I have a secenerio where there is a need to against Oracle6 & Sqlnet Ver1.X to get to some data. We have Oracle7.3.X and SQLNet Ver2.X on our P.C's..

I managed to get SQLnet Ver 1.X and i can get to Oracle6. Then i cannot get to the

data on Oracle7.3.X unless i rename the Orawin dir so it would use SQL Net ver2.x and change back & forth to go against Oracle6. This is an ugly method & i don't want 100 + of our customers doing this. If any one

know an easy way of solving this problem? or point me in right direction. Received on Wed Dec 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CST