ORA-12505 What Is It?

From: Leo Bichon <lbichon_at_mnsi.net>
Date: 1996/12/11

We have just installed Oracle Workgroup Server on NT 4.0. We chose not to install the starter database.

After the installation, we created new SID instances (2 specifically) using the instance manager. Shortly thereafter, we shut down these instances in favour of running scripts to create our own databases, as the one offered by the instance manager falls a little short. No big deal, WRONG! When we tried to start up the instances, we received this ORA-12505 error? Of course the documentation skips over this particular code. Can someone help? We would really appreciate it. email me ...

leo_at_gates.com Received on Wed Dec 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CST