SQL view Transpose Rows & Cols

From: Brian Spears <brian_spears_at_dsi.bc.ca>
Date: 1996/12/11

Hi,

 Help, I have to drum up a view before I go in a couple of days.

 I have a join on two tables and choose two colums.

    col1     col2
    ----     -----
     88       a
     88       b
     88       c
     88       d
     88       e

I want to have a view that will transpose the rows and columns  for seven colums.

eg. I want to produce a row like this.

    88 a b c d e ...

 I've did this before with decode function.  I can't remember how to do it without being  a view of a view situation.

  Can you help a tire DBA.

Brian Received on Wed Dec 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CST