Performance Question

From: Carol Mancuso <cmancu_at_ida.net>
Date: 1996/12/09

Hi!

An Oracle DBA, I am not. So... When we upgraded our RDBMS from 7.3.2.1 to 7.3.2.2 (per the instructions from Oracle) we suddenly noticed a big increase in the amout of time it takes to get connected. It went from nearly immediate to taking 30-45 seconds. After getting connected, things seem to be more-or-less as we'd expect them. We are not using SQL-net -- we're logged into the machine that's running Oracle.

Can anyone shed some light on this -- or at least point to something we can look at.

Thanks!

Carol Mancuso
Mancuso Consulting Received on Mon Dec 09 1996 - 00:00:00 CST