Oracle Server crashes with Netware 4.1

From: Leong San Io Francisco <d941686_at_sp2>
Date: 1996/12/08

Hi!

The place where I work has Oracle 7.2.2 for Workgroups running on top of Netware 4.1. The strange thing is the following: from time to time, whenever a connection is established, it causes immediate system abend and it does not recover even when the system is rebooted and Oracle database started up again. The netware server is already patched with PT6. The whole system without Oracle runs fine without a hitch but whenever Oracle comes up and accepts connections, abend again, but it may work suddenly without abend and can continue in this state until several weeks where the abend happens again .

        Also, we installed Personal Oracle evaluation once to help diagnosing the problem in a Win95 machine and we have found another mysterious thing: running with the same database contents yet with an inferior product and machine, the Win95 machine outperforms the Netware server in every query...

        Can someone give me hints on which area to investigate these problems? Thank you.

Francisco Leong
d941686_at_umac.mo Received on Sun Dec 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CST