7.3.2.1 & SNMP

From: Asko Tiidumaa <askot_at_math.ut.ee>
Date: 1996/12/07

I've got Oracle Enterprise Server 7.3.2.1 on a Sun Sparc Solaris 2.5 system, and I'm trying to get the SNMP support to work. The TCP & SQLNET are working just fine, and so is the database itself, but the SNMP gives on starting NMS-00308 (Failed to initialize connection cache). The snmpd & other support peers are up and running. Tracefile ends with nmicini_InitializeCache: failed to initialie cache; no local address. and so is my knowledge...

Has enyone seen something like this before? Or can guess what's wrong. I've used Oracle Network Manager 3.0 to create the *.ora files, and they seem to be correct, because the network in general works.

wbr,
Asko Tiidumaa Received on Sat Dec 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CST