Multiple Instances on an Alpha

From: Stan Novinsky <stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu>
Date: 1996/12/05

A quick question.

Our 8400 Alpha may be required to run 4 instances of our DB at different location. The 8400 has 2 cpu's. Is this enough horse power given that we have 1.5GB of mem and RAID Disk of 16GB.

The ORACLE DB is quite large in the one instance configuration. I do not know the exact size of the Tablespaces. For installation at the second location, it may be possible to downsize the DB as far as tablespace sizes go.

If downsized, I assume the other related Oracle files (REDO, ROLLBACK, CONTROL, SGA, etc.) would need to be scaled back ??

We are running Oracle 7.1 on OpenVMS 6.2. Forms 4.5.

Thanks

Stan Novinsky

stan_novinsky_at_jhuapl.edu Received on Thu Dec 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CST