Re: Oracle Webserver stability?

From: Rashid Karimov <rashid_at_rk.wbs.com>
Date: 1996/12/05

Commodore64 (beverett_at_earthlink.net) wrote:

: What version of Oracle are you using ?
: I had to use 7.3 with Webserver 2.0.1 according to Oracle technical
: support.
: Before that I had many problems with the listeners.

: Good Luck! Brian_RestonVA

: On 23 Nov 1996 10:05:31 GMT, Torsten.Greiff_at_t-online.de (Torsten
: Greiff) wrote:

: >We developed some cardriges in C++ AND Oracle OCI
: >for the OravleWebserver 2.0.1 on Windows NT 3.5.1
: >First time we had no problems with the stability of our C++ WRB's
: >(we tested them as standalone apps for a couple of days and they are
: >absolutley stable)
: >now we are in the testphase of our product and we have big problems with
: >stability of the WEB Server. Sometimes we get the errormessage 'the
: >server had an internal ERROR', somtimes the it crashes without any
: >Errormessage. After that we must reboot the NT box (Compaq Proliant 5000
: >with 4 P6, 400 MB RAM) because we can't stop the Listener.
: >To me it seems to be a problem with the Webserver using farious
: >cardriges.
: >

	Try Nt 4.0 , but if I were you I'd invest the same money
	into Unix based system , such as say Sun Sparc . It'd be
	a few times faster and more reliable . And whenever something
	goes wrong it's much easier to find the problem.

	I doubt that Oracle'd ever consider NT as a platform-of-choice.
	What kind of OS is it when you can't even kill a run-away process ?

	PS - IMO you're a little bit off even the bleading edge with your HW
	config.  Expect speed bumps.

	Rashid.