database corruption problems -help

From: <curtm_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/12/03

I am running Oracle Server v7.2.2.4 for Netware and I am having some very unusall problems.

First are the sys.idl_*$ tables. The I cannot select from table idl_ub1$, due to an "inconsistant datatypes" error on one of the fields. Even worse is idl_sb4$. If I go into SQLPlus and do a "select * from sys.idl_sb4$" my server immediatly reboots!! I cannot truncate or drop any of these tables. Even trying to do it will send an ORA-600 (serious error) to the trace logs.

The second strange item, is in server manager for Windows. In the schema folder and optimzer tab which shows a list of tables and whether or not the tables have analyze statistics. Toward the bottom of the list I get a bunch of garbage characters.

The third strange item is a querey on v$compatibility; many items show 0.0.0.0.0 as their version. I thought all should be at 7.2.0.0.0 ??

Other than knowing something is really wrong, the database otherwise runs fine. Since my tablespaces were fragmented anyway, I did a full db export (with constraints,indexs,grants,etc). Then I deleted the db, created new tablespaces, and did a full import. This did solve my defrag problem, but not the strange ones mentioned above as I had hoped.

Any ideas ?? Received on Tue Dec 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CST