Oracle/NT Server performance

From: Jim Mular <_at_uniserve.com>
Date: 1996/12/02

If you were running a NT Server (P-133 with 128Mb RAM, an Adaptec 2940 with 2- 4.0 Gig Quantum Fireball SCSI drives mirrored by NT) with Oracle 7.1 and were having performance issues (the drives are crunching constantly) what would be the first thing you would upgrade?

I've been told that a processor and memory upgrade will improve the performance, but I would have thought due to the heavy disk activity that a better SCSI controller (maybe a 40Mbit ultra fast wide SCSI disk system) would be the best bet.

Any suggestions??

Jim Received on Mon Dec 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CST