Oracle Installation in HP 9000/700

From: JIE CHEN <u53651_at_uic.edu>
Date: 1996/11/30

Hi,
does anyone have any experiences on Oracle installation in HP 9000/700? I need to install the Oracle 7.3.2 in a HP 9000/700 to test my BMC patrol software. The machine was hooked up to the network before. I just disconnected the network(token ring) and installed the Oracle Server and want to put in back to the network. I installed the oracle products first(without create the database objects) in the directory /csapps/oracle/product/7.3.2. Then I used the same installer(4.0) to create the database objects. I was asked to input the database mount points. I tried /csapps or /csapps/oracle/product/7.3.2, none of them is working. The message I got is cannot create the unix.prd.
 Anyone can give me a help? Thanks Received on Sat Nov 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CST