Re: Executing Java from Oracle Database

From: Paul White <pwhite_at_symantec.com>
Date: 1996/11/29

>Searching a way for writing streams of bytes to a file, to a network,
>to anything outside an Oracle Database, I came across the Java > Interpreter which is built in the database.

> Do you know how to call a Server side (!!!) Java Aplication / Java
> Applet from a PL/SQL procedure ?

> Do you know the interface needs for a Java Application / Applet for
>Web Request Broker (WebServer 2.0) ?

Hi Steven

One way to link the Oracle database to the Server applet is using our Middleware product dbANYWHERE which has native drivers for Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, MS Access and ODBC.

This allows you to have a standard browser on the client then the dbANYWHERE middleware runs on the web server and generates the SQL commands to the database server.

You need a the SQL Windows interface for Oracle to enable the link but check out the dbANYWHERE White Paper on the website at http://cafe.symantec.com where you can also find a free preview of dbAYWHERE which you can download.

REgards

Paul White
IPM Symantec Internet Tools Received on Fri Nov 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CST