Re: Questions regarding MS ACCESS, ODBC and ORACLE

From: Matthias Greß <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1996/11/29

Arnold Hitch wrote:

> Has anyone have any comments about problems using MS ACCESS to Oracle
> through ODBC? I have heard there are a number of problems with how ACCESS
> deals with Oracle objects, specifically private and public synonyms. I am
> also curious if any one has successfully had ACCESS perform remote update,
> insert or delete through and Oracle database link.
>
> Your thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> TIA
> ArnoldAs Margeret says updates and deletes atre no problems. You have to take
care that every ORACLE-table has a primary key. This is necessary for identifying the distinct records.
Oracle datatypes defined as NUMBER(n) with n>9 may cause problems. Since embedding a table into Access with a field of such a type, causes the field-datatype to be changed into char(255) (or text(255): dont't know the English Access-Version).

--
M.Greß    :-)