Re: Web Agents + Non-Oracle Web Server

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/11/28

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996 12:33:47 -0800, Matt Calkins <matt.calkins_at_attws.com> wrote:

>Has anyone ever gotten Oracle Web Agents to work with a non-Oracle Web
>Server? I've seen numerous claims that it will work, and even that
>Oracle was doing it for a while but I've never been able to find out
>how.
>
>We want to use it with CERN, and eventually Netscape Servers.
>
>Any help or pointers to help would be much appreciated...
>
>Matt

yes, apache, ncsa, netscape (fasttrack and commerce), etc.

basically the web server will need to

with netscape (and others to follow) you can also configure the Oracle WRB broker (better then cgi interface). Docs tell you how to do that. Same functionality, just a different way for a webserver to talk to the OWA.

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Nov 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CST