PUBLIC: Re: Very urgent!!! how to export data of table column to a file

From: Chris Kimpton <Chris.Kimpton_at_ubs.com>
Date: 1996/11/27

Stephan Gloor wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> We're running Oracle Server 7.2x on Windows NT. We need to write column
> data to a file. The file shouldn't be formatted. When using export the
> file is formatted in Oracle binary format.
> How can we automate this process ?

I presume you have SQL*Plus on NT.

Something like

        spool data.txt

        select * from table;

        spool off

will create a file, you will need to turn off headings and titles and page breaks etc, so that you get a clean data file, but it is definitely possible to get a raw ASCII dump of your data this way.

TTFN,
Chris Received on Wed Nov 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CST