SQL*Net

From: <cable_at_i1.net>
Date: 1996/11/27

I am looking for the Windows 3.X SQL*Net drivers for accessing Oracle 7 databases via ODBC/SQL or a way to find the Customer ID Number from the Oracle 7 tables to give it to Oracle to get the SQL*Net client drivers for free.

I work as a contractor for the Federal Government, and they bought Oracle 7 server, and they claim they never got SQL*Net client drivers for Windows and many people that I talked to had no idea what it was. I think they are trying to pass the buck around to dozens of people, but it has been months since I requested it. It would make my job so much easier if I had it, and I could automate tasks on the PC side and make the data entry and reports so much easier to do. It would save days on the client side database work and keep all the databases in synch with Oracle. Right now I am exporting Oracle tables to text files and then importing them into Access and other databases.

So if anyone knows where I can get SQL*Net or how I can find out the Customer ID from an Oracle Server Table, please send me E-mail. you'll be doing the Federal Government a favor and it won't waste your tax dollars on an inefficient system that wastes time and money.