Re: DB_FILES exceeded ORA-00059

From: David E. Daniel <david.daniel_at_wmich.edu>
Date: 1996/11/25

Thanks to everyone who either provided information via the Newsgroup or my Email. The problem was that DB_FILES was never set. It was at a default of 32. MAXDATAFILES has a value of 254 so that was not the problem. I have since added a value for DB_FILES in my initSID.ora and I can now add more tablespaces.

Thanks again,

David Daniel
Western Michigan University Received on Mon Nov 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CST