SQL*Net 2 on NT

From: Deya Motawe <deya_at_cse.unsw.EDU.AU>
Date: 1996/11/22

I have a running instance on NT 4.0, Oracle 7.0 . I can connect to Oracle running on Alpha AXP box using SQL*NET V2, using alias and TNSNAMES.ORA . However, trying to connect from NT to the local instance running on NT using SQLNET 2.0 fails with NWSPX???.dll not found. If I type plus31 T:servername: it works connecting to the local instance. I have defined the tnsnames.ora manually , and it was working until someone restored somefiles on the machine . I checked the tnsnames.ora (in orawin\network\admin\) and the oracle.ini file in winnt dir , is there anything that I need to check here ? (On dos prompt, config is defined pointing to orawin, is that ok? )

Thanks in advance for any help .

Deya Received on Fri Nov 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CST