Re: HELP: I have problems with Oracle on a sun talking to Novell clients

From: Catherine C. Bareiss <cbareiss_at_olivet.edu>
Date: 1996/11/20

Lun Wing San (Oracle) wrote:

> Catherine Bareiss wrote:
> >
> > I have Oracle (7.3.2) running on my SUN ultra system (solaris 2.5) with
> > NWserver 2.0. I also have on my network Novell 4.1 (using Trumpet
> > winsock for the TCP/IP stack). I cannot seem to get the listener
> > working.
> >

> Could you mind to specify the error type and error message ? If you
> do not mind, could
> you post the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora ? It is easier to diagnosis
> the problem.
>
> ---
> Name : Lun Wing San

My question was not properly worded the first time. I am looking for anyone with the configuration of systems (os and network) who have succeeded in getting it working.

(I have spent about two months with Oracle technical support making sure that everything, including the .ora files is working. The basic conclusion after two months of trying to solve the problem, is that it is not do-able. Can anyone disprove this conclusion by a counterexample?)

Thanks.

Cathy Bareiss
cbareiss_at_olivet.edu Received on Wed Nov 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CST