Re: Oracle performance tuning

From: David Scott <dlscott_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1996/11/19

In article <56p7t9$ccc_at_sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>, curtm_at_ix.netcom.com wrote:

> I recently upgraded
>
> From:
> Oracle 7.0.12 running on
> Netware 3.11 (486, 64MB)
> To:
> Oracle 7.22 running on
> Netware 4.11 (pentium 192 MB Ram, w/faster scsi drives)
>
> Our application is DOS Forms 3.0 Menu 5.0 based.
>
> I can see no difference in performance whatsoever, in spite
> of 3 times the memory, and faster I/O.

 <snip>
> Any ideas on performance tuning ??

I'm not sure that performance tuning is the answer. You may want to take a look at your performance for the related systems (client side, network, etc.); it sounds like your bottleneck is somewhere other than the database.

Just my $.02...

David

David Scott                        ...how can I keep from singing?
                bumper snicker: My other guitar is a Martin (D16H)
email: dlscott_at_mindspring.com