HELP: I have problems with Oracle on a sun talking to Novell clients

From: Catherine Bareiss <cbareiss_at_olivet.edu>
Date: 1996/11/15

I have Oracle (7.3.2) running on my SUN ultra system (solaris 2.5) with NWserver 2.0. I also have on my network Novell 4.1 (using Trumpet winsock for the TCP/IP stack). I cannot seem to get the listener working.

On the SUN end, it can listen for TCP with no problems, however SQLNet for the Novell (PC running dos and Windows 3.1) does not support Trumpet Winsock.

The NWserver on the Sun does work (I can map it as a novell drive on a PC station), but the listener fails when trying to listen to SPX protocol on the SUN.

Can anyone help me? I have been working with Oracle for about two months now and still cannot get the problem solved. Thanks in advance. Please email since I am currently not reading a lot of newsgroups.

Cathy Bareiss
cbareiss_at_olivet.edu

SQLNET, Novell, Solaris 2.5 (on ULTRA), trumpet winsock, nwserver 2.0 Received on Fri Nov 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CST