Oracle WebServer Basic -- Dialog Function -- How do I do this?

From: Niki Serri <serri_at_exis.net>
Date: 1996/11/15

I was trying to use a dialog, and initialize some of its fields using data from fields
from the form.
 I read in the help that you can use a "dialog function" for that but the example they gave was
so buggy and did not comply with their write-up (Example: they wrote that you need to set the
function name to either 0 or 1 to tell the function if to stay in the dialog or close it, but
instead used the line before the 'End Function' to set Oracle Basic = 1 !!! Is it valid? it
had nothing to do with the function's name! (which was not mentioned within the function's code).

I understand from what I read so far you don't need to call the function, that it is
automatically called when the dialog is initialized and whenever something is happening
(clicked, for example) in the dialog, and that the only reference to the function is to have its
name in the beginning of the dialog definition, like so:

Begin Dialog FooBar x,y,width,height,"Title",.functionName

But it doesn't seem to call it, at least from what I can tell when I turn debugger on, and the
fact it doesn't do what its supposed to....

Please, if you know how to properly call the Dialog Function, or know where I can find that information, let me know at serri_at_exis.net Here is the barebone version of my .scr :

Sub Main

Begin Dialog Sample 100,100,170,60,"FooBar Sample Dialog", .Foo
      Text 10,10,130,14,"Enter the number of foos you want:"
      TextBox 145,10,15,14, .SomeNumber
      OKButton 35,35,40,14
      CancelButton 95,35,40,14

End Dialog
DIM dlgSample AS Sample
DIM nReturn AS Integer
dlgSample.SomeNumber = Barprice
nReturn = Dialog(dlgSample)
' it just goes on the dialog call above, without calling the function at
all (to initialize), or
maybe doesn't show it in the debugger ??!!

IF nReturn = -1 then

      DIM nSomeTotal AS Integer
' more code goes here, all ok

END IF
End Sub

FUNCTION Foo(ControlID$, Action%, SuppValue%)
' does not gets called, at all

            If Action% = 1 then
            SomeNumber = SomeNumber + 1
      End If

END FUNCTION Received on Fri Nov 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CST