Read-only tablespace advantages

From: Larry Marek <lmarek_at_umich.edu>
Date: 1996/11/14

I recall reading somewhere (I think it was Oracle magazine) that read-only tablespaces can perform 10% faster than writeable ones. Has anyone done any benchmarking to verify this?

Any ideas what the overhead difference is between read-only and read/write? I have several large tablespaces consisting of mosly static data and a performance gain of 10% just by making the tablespaces read-only sounds too good to be true.

Thanks in advance. Received on Thu Nov 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CST