Q: embedding userid/password in scripts?

From: John P DeVoy <devoy_at_next.com>
Date: 1996/11/13

I'm new to UNIX, and I want to develop some cron scripts that I can have log into the database and do some chores for me. I can do that trick just fine, but I'm not certain I'm handling the account name and password in the most secure manner possible.

If you've done similar stuff in your shop, can you share with us how you handle the account name and password, together with any security issues. Thanks!!
--

John P De Voy             "When amatuers dabble in databases  ()
DBA, NeXT Software Inc.    people get hurt!"                  /\