Re: Vb connectivity to ORACLE

From: John Meyer <webmaster_at_sfi-software.com>
Date: 1996/11/13

Try the OCX for OCI (Oracle Call Interface) API. Simply needs SQL*NET at runtime!
Provide full OCI functionality from VB4 and other OCX compatible development environment.
Both a 32 bit and 16 bit OCX provided, printed and online documentation and VB4 samples.

See the documentation online at http://www.sfi-software.com Look for SQL-Sombrero/OCX for OCI.
See what ORACLE thinks of it at:
http://www.sfi-software.com/pr10.htm

Or call Sylvain Faust Inc. (SFI) at 819 778-5045 ext.152, fax 819 778-7943 or email to mailto:info_at_sfi-software.com

John Meyer
Sylvain Faust Inc. (SFI)
http://www.sfi-software.com

Matthias Greß <GreMa_at_t-online.de> wrote in article <56780q$ue3_at_news00.btx.dtag.de>...
> Greg Laslett wrote:
> >
> > We are interested in using VB as a front end/forms development
> > tool to an Oracle 7 database.
> >
> > Are there widgets/methods available to permit direct interaction
> > perhaps via SQLNET.
> >
> > I've heard some horror stories about trying to use ODBC as a
> > connectivity layer and would prefer a simple solution that
> > involves the fewest possible 'middleman' layers.
> >
> > A high performance solution that lets the DBList DBCombo and DbGrid
> > widgets interact directly with Oracle tables would be ideal.
> >
> > There is also talk about a product called Oracle Objects for OLE.
> > Does this supply widgets like DbGrid ?
> >
> > Any comments from people who have already been down this
> > road would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Greg Laslett G_Laslett_at_motherwell.com.au
> > Motherwell SystemsThere is a tool provided by ORACLE itselve. It's
 called 0040 e.g. ORACLE
> Objects For OLE. I don't know wether there is an OCX-Version, I tried the

> VBX-Version. It interacts directly with the SQL-Net-drivers. It provides
 an
> OLE-Server to establish an ORACLE-session and also an ORACLEDatacontrol
 that
> you can bind to TrueGrids (the precedor of the DBGrid) and comboboxes.
 The